BEWARE OF FRAUD EMAILS BPI ACCOUNT HOLDERS!


I opened my email account and found 1 mail from 'expressonline'. At first thought, it's from BPI. And when I opened it, it is. But not the legit BPI email. As you can see below, it's a fake one. Upon reading the email, it says I need to verify my credit card information from their website as part of their credit card security system. Funny! I don't even have a BPI Credit Card. Hahaha. I clicked the link "CONFRIM MY CARD" and a BPI-like website opened in another window.


There are fields that you need to fill in to update your personal informations. However, if you can see the highlighted field, it says "Email's Password". I asked myself, why do they need my email's password. Are they going to open my email address? And if they would, why is the question? And when you see the url highlighted above, it's not from the legit website of BPI. Because the real website of BPI is https://www.bpiexpressonline.com/.



To all of BPI account holders out there who might have received or will be receiving such email in the future. Beware! Make sure to check the website and don't be fooled by copy cat websites. :D

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post