Be Careful Of Being Nice And Helpful


Hi everyone! Good (and rainy) day to all. It's been raining in my place since yesterday and I can't really get out and do random things. So I decided to just make this post. I'll tell you the story behind this later. First, I will go back to what I've been doing for a couple of months.

So, last year September 2016, I left my work as a Customer Service Agent at an airline company Cebu Pacific Air. It's a 2 year contract and I'm not planning to extend it anymore. While looking for another work, I focused myself on fiverr. I received some graphic design orders and it's going well for a couple of weeks. Maybe because of the Christmas and New Year events. When I get paid, I usually withdraw my earnings on my paypal account. And then from paypal account to my bank account. However, I have encountered a problem with the back information as what paypal said. I'm really confused and had no idea as to why did that happen. I never edited the information on my bank account in paypal. My earnings were refunded back to my paypal account but the charge fee was deducted already. I'm so disappointed with what happened so I looked for an alternative. That's when I discovered Paymaya. I've researched a lot about this and finally decided to add it in to my paypal account and withdraw. To my surprise it worked like a charm! I got my earnings instantly! (You may check the instant withdrawal post here) So I made a video about it and uploaded it on Youtube to prove that it's really instant!

Then comes the problem. :'( I never thought I'd get involved into this. But it happened. One guy messaged me on facebook (24th of December 2016) and said he saw my video on Youtube. He asked for  favor and since I was being nice, I helped him out. His paypal account is undergoing  60 day verification I think? So he can't use it. He told me if I he can send his payments on my account and then withdraw it to my Paymaya and then send it to him (Paymaya to Paymaya). It continued with several transactions. I thought to myself that nothing will be risky on my side since it's him who sends his money to me. If someone would be doubtful, it would be him because there is no assurance that I will send his money to his Paymaya account. Hahaha. :D But then, I'm not that kind of person. I have a lot of social media accounts which I've built/created long ago and I've been very friendly. I'm not going to risk my accounts and my name for a money.

But here comes the twist which I came to realize that I shouldn't have done this in the first place. I was only being nice and I'm just trying to help. Hi clients come to me and asked where this person is. One demanded a refund! I don't know what to say! I don't know who to look for. The money just passed by me. Now my paypal account is in debt of more than $300! I don't have much money to pay that. And why would I pay for it if I didn't have it in the first place. I can't even earn $100 on my fiverr gigs for a month. And if I do, it would take me more than 3 months! But what if the others came to me and demanded a refund too! This is crazy! Why did I get into this mess!

So to all his clients, please contact him. Not me. I'm not in any way related to him and he's just using my account as way of receiving his payments and that's all. Now I can't use my paypal account.

Just an advice to those who are having their works done by others, make sure that you get their personal information first. Proof of being legit. Contact infos and everything you need in case a problem happened. Do not look for me or accuse any other innocent people.

I will also be more careful the next time around. And maybe, be less nice and helpful. :(

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post